Talk

Advanced search

Discount on nursery fees

(6 Posts)
PinkPearls20 Wed 27-Jul-16 15:29:30

DS nursery are doing up the baby room where DS is based...as he is a baby.

There are builders everywhere and it seems like a lot of money has been invested in making it nicer and I'm looking forward to the new environment for my son. However for the time being (the next 7 weeks) all baby's have been put in the next room il with he CHikdren hes 2-3. Most of the old furniture and toys from the baby room are squashed and piled up in this tempory room. It looks like chaos.

Would I be in the right to bring it to the attention to the manager that for the next 7 weeks I will be paying full fees for my DS to be squashed up in a disorganised room with hardly any continuous provision areas etc. When he started I made the design on that nursery due to the environment at the time.

PinkPearls20 Wed 27-Jul-16 15:31:00

Loads of typos and spelling mistakes there... my phone has a crack in it... apologies

Gobbolinothewitchscat Wed 27-Jul-16 15:41:46

How would you feel if the nursery said they were increasing the fees due to the fact that they have done up the baby room?

Essentially, you are paying for a service, not per square useable foot of room area. Most nursery costs are wages for workers so if the same workers etc are still there, they will still have the same costs and presumably be able to provide the same level of care/interaction; albeit in a slightly less well set out temporary environment

nailbarnutter Wed 27-Jul-16 15:50:04

As PP said,, you are paying for the staff/service, not the room itself. I would presume they are doing it in the next few weeks as if its like the nursery that DD attends, quite a few children are off for either holidays/only do term time so there should be less children around.

PinkPearls20 Wed 27-Jul-16 16:30:01

Fair enough, your both right...it's just abit of a mess at the moment and not very stimulating. Plus my DS has been diagnosed with additional needs so I suppose Im on my high horse with the shock of that.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Thu 28-Jul-16 01:07:13

Oh that sounds hard, pink

One thing I would say is that my DS is 3. There was a sudden problem with the nursery flooring in his room and it needed sorted out. They packed up quickly on the Friday and it looked pretty chaotic. My Monday, they had amalgamated the rooms really well - suspect a fair amount of over-time!

It might be worth speaking to the manager though about how they plan to arrange the room etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now