Talk

Advanced search

Parent working with own child.

(5 Posts)
TangfasticFanatic Sat 02-Jul-16 04:04:25

Just wondering what people's opinions are really.
What do you think of a nursery nurse/assistant working in the same room as their own child? smile

needacoffeenow Sat 02-Jul-16 04:16:09

The two nurseries my DD has worked at do not allow their staff to be in the same room as their children, I can understand why as they would not want to be accused of favouritism.

icklekid Sat 02-Jul-16 04:24:55

I can understand it not being ideal but they may have the most experience in that room- in my mind its no different to a childminder having their own child too which is common. In my experience they always put other children before their own so wouldn't bother me. However I can understand why it would others

TiggyOBE Mon 04-Jul-16 19:46:13

Mostly not allowed in nurseries, particularly the bigger chains. I have worked with a mother and child in the same room and it wasn't good. I remember her telling her child not to go up a tall climbing frame saying "It's dangerous", then letting the other children up. She had real double standards. I've also worked places where it wasn't a problem.

TangfasticFanatic Tue 05-Jul-16 00:54:15

I've had experience of this too and I don't really think it's a good idea. Saying that, I've seen it work well.. But mainly not so well at all, depends on the person I suppose. That's why I asked, wasn't sure of other people's views.. The Majority of comments I've heard are of how lovely it is.. Etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now