Talk

Advanced search

Nappy changing a nightmare recently after nursery! Help!!

(6 Posts)
Courtneyrose95 Wed 25-May-16 15:14:00

My son is two and has nursery two days a week, he has recently come home and all of a sudden screams the house down while I try and change his nappy. He's never been particularly happy about having his nappy changed but he has never reacted like this. He screams so much he is nearly sick and looks terrified as I try to take it off! He starts to cry before I even go near him and tries to roll away from me. Worried as this never use to be so much of an issue. Any one have any ideas what could be causing him to react like this? sad
As I said it's only started the last couple of days after he's been to nursery and it's mainly when I try to lift his legs to clean him. Thank you!

TeaBelle Wed 25-May-16 15:17:41

May possibly be that he's becoming more aware that nappy change time means time away from playing as at nursery it will be staggered and he will be aware that others are still playing.

Or just a coincidence. Dd was distraught during toothbrushing this morning. She's normally happy with it and no big changes but still a huge fuss

Lunde Mon 20-Jun-16 18:53:55

Would he be happier with pull-ups that he could (mostly) do himself? Sometime at this age they want to copy the older potty trained children and do more things for themselves (and not be a "baby"). Or perhaps he is ready for potty training if he is finding nappy changes frustrating

PortiaCastis Mon 20-Jun-16 18:56:16

Is he ready to potty train perhaps?

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Mon 20-Jun-16 18:58:33

My dd started like this around 2. I was concerned but then she explained (very good at talking!) That at nursery they did 'standing up nappies' where she didn't have to lie down. When she showed me she was holding the back at each side against her hips and then when I pulled the front through between her legs she gave me each side to stick down. Bit fiddly, but soon became much quicker!

Could you ask nursery how they do nappies and see if there are any clues?

BagPusscatnip Wed 13-Jul-16 14:55:52

My DD1 started to do this when she was two and a half. She was late potty training and had become very aware that she didn't want to have her nappy changed anymore but wouldn't potty train. It got so bad that the nursery called me in and suggested I take her to the doctor in case she had hurt her back (she screamed the most when her legs were lifted up). I potty trained her a couple of months later and all was fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now