Talk

Advanced search

Nursery/play-scheme during Summer holidays for 2 yr old central London? Help!

(4 Posts)
MaryleboneMamma Thu 19-May-16 10:47:38

Ive just heard that my daughter (2.5 year old) nursery school is closed for two months (!) over Summer.
I desperately need to find a play-scheme/day nursery (or similar) that will allow her to go there a few days a week. Grateful for any help/ideas 🙏 We live in Marylebone. x

HSMMaCM Thu 19-May-16 13:56:00

Are they normally closed in the holidays? If so, you might want to set up something to cover the half terms and other holidays as well. A childminder might be able to help, or a holiday only nanny? Alternatively, there might be a nursery which has some children term time only and has vacancies in the holidays.

weeonion Fri 20-May-16 00:12:10

What do other families do? If you ask them you might get some ideas? I agree with pp that you will need to factor this in for other school holidays. If you cant find a solution to this - you might have to look at a move to a 52 week facility.

Did they not inform you of this when you signed a contract?

FishWithABicycle Fri 20-May-16 00:47:50

Nurseries tend to be run either 52 weeks a year or term-time-only. The tto ones are ideal for the younger siblings of children already in school who either have a parent with a tto job, or have a sample, or if not have holiday arrangements for the older children that suit the youngest too. If these don't apply then you need a 52weeks nursery.

While you are sorting that - could you take on a temporary au pair for the summer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now