Talk

Advanced search

nursery for a child with special needs

(7 Posts)
JellyBaby26 Tue 01-Mar-16 12:51:53

Dd has severe neurological condition and epilepsy, and am just interested to know can she go to mainstream nurseries or are there special needs ones? Am I likely to have to pay more than usual?
We are expecting a second in a few months and I do want to earn some money when he is old enough to go to a cm/nursery but I do have my concerns about her.
I would love to be a sahm but I would like a part time job to keep me sane as she is incredibly testing.

Frusso Tue 01-Mar-16 18:07:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

laughingGnomette Tue 01-Mar-16 19:22:43

Hi Jelly, i'm not an expert and can only speak from personal experience but it might be worth contacting your council. My 3 year old attends a nursery that is run by our local authority and I know they have spaces allocated to children with special needs. I've no idea how common this is across the country though but it might be worth a try. smile

JellyBaby26 Wed 02-Mar-16 07:29:01

Thank you both. No doubt she would get a referral.

We are a while off yet but I often wonder selfishly if I will be her carer 24/7 while she's little.

Branleuse Wed 02-Mar-16 07:37:38

my children all went to a fabulous SEN integrated nursery that had 50% disabled children and 50% non.

They do exist but it depends where you live

jclm Fri 11-Mar-16 10:05:42

Our private nursery eventually refused my SN baby and we hired a nanny to work from our home. It didn't cost much more but it was well worth it.

dimples76 Fri 11-Mar-16 21:56:22

My SN son (2) goes to a mainstream nursery and they are able to access funding 1:1 for him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now