Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries in Canary Wharf

(3 Posts)
bm2084 Wed 06-Jan-16 18:48:47

Hello mommies,

We are moving to London in March, will be staying somewhere near Canary Wharf. I have a few questions here:

1. What are the good nurseries?
2. How bad is the wait list? Can I get space for my 2.5 years old in April? do I need to anything now? (I am in New York currently)

3. What are the cool areas to live? Canary wharf/south Quay/East India etc... (I have little knowledge about areas.), so if you can throw some light would be great.. We are looking for decent size 2 bed/bath flat (may be 3 bed)..also, do the flats come with washer dryer?
Thank you so much for your help!

twohearts Thu 14-Jan-16 16:57:43

Heya! Fellow American (ex-NYCer) here.

Not sure about nurseries but I think there's a Bright Horizons at Imperial Wharf which may be nearby?

Kids Unlimited is the UK name for Bright Horizons-owned nurseries which are prevalent in the US. My daughter was in one in NYC and it was easy to switch her over to one in London when we moved.

I would make some calls before you leave NY and set up "show rounds" with the directors for when you land.

As for place to live, you just have to go around and see what you like. If you're living in Manhattan right now, then Canary Wharf will probably be really similar to your current lifestyle - high-rise, doorman building, etc.

Just remember that UK flats are usually smaller than US ones and with NO closet space so get an extra bedroom if you can afford it.

Feel free to PM me with any specific Q's.

ReginePhalange Fri 29-Jan-16 15:39:13

Hello!

Used to live in CW and had LO in Little Unicorns. They have few locations in Canary Wharf. I can only speak for my DS then age group (9 months old), but they were really good! I don't know about the wait list, but as in everywhere in London the sooner you can register the better.

In terms of "cool" areas - it's been 2 years now - but I would recommend anywhere in the "center" of CW, West India Quay or South Quay.

Good luck with the move!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now