Talk

Advanced search

Gym crèches

(7 Posts)
Cheesychop Mon 06-Jul-15 19:10:02

I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I'd try here.

My local gym has a crèche that I'm thinking of using. I've not had the baby yet so this may go completely out of the window though!

My question is are they monitored like nurseries? I spent ages looking at and researching nurseries but what about gym crèches? I'd only use it for max an hour at a time but I'd still like to know what checks are in place.

Thanks.

YonicScrewdriver Mon 06-Jul-15 19:11:31

Yes, I think they are subject to checks. They certainly have ratio requirements etc. Is it an all day one or just for two set hours at a time?

Cheesychop Mon 06-Jul-15 22:01:19

They say you can book it for 1.5 hours max, I've not been to look yet, I iust asked at the desk the other day. I need to check it out I think.

YonicScrewdriver Mon 06-Jul-15 23:37:38

Ask if they do settling in sessions? They may have a minimum age of six months or more as well.

YonicScrewdriver Mon 06-Jul-15 23:38:54

Because the childcare is for less than two hours and the parent remains on site, the rules are slightly different to nurseries, I'm not sure how but I know there are still rules!

hazelnutlatte Mon 06-Jul-15 23:55:25

I love the crèche at my gym. They are ofsted registered and all staff are qualified. They take babies from 6 weeks and can be used for up to 4hrs per day.
They do vary a lot though so ask for a tour and ask lots of questions!

Cheesychop Tue 07-Jul-15 19:11:34

Thank you, yes I think I need to go and look properly don't I. Hope it's a good un!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now