moving from one council to another , can my dd stay in her nursery

(4 Posts)
UnapologeticallyUnreasonable Sat 27-Jun-15 10:06:04

DD gets the free nursery hours for 2 year olds atm, she has not long started this and so far so good. However, we are looking at a property which falls under a different council, think Bristol to bath council. I am wondering if anyone knew if she could continue in the current nursery or if I'll have to re-apply through bath council? Nursery is well within driving distance, possible 15mins drive. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Littlefish Sat 27-Jun-15 23:56:00

I've only dealt with a family accessing 3 year old funding where the funding was split between two counties.

I seem to remember that my local authority had to speak to the other local authority and negotiate to have part of the funding allocated to them.

I think the thing you need to do is to phone the local authority who allocated the 2 year old funding, ask for the 2 year old funding team, and see whether it can be transferred.

Littlefish Sat 27-Jun-15 23:57:18

Just another thought... In my local authority there is a "headcount week". Once that date has been passed, funding cannot be transferred from one nursery to another, even within the same local authority. I don't know if that's a national policy though.

UnapologeticallyUnreasonable Sun 28-Jun-15 15:50:15

Thank you! I'll ring tomorrow morning and ask then. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now