Talk

Advanced search

Using the 15 hrs free childcare for over 3yo for private childcare in Wandsworth

(4 Posts)
oliviasmummy2013 Sun 21-Jun-15 17:32:17

Hi there - I live in Wandsworth and currently use a childminder costing £52 per day, and I wondered if anyone knows how much help i will get with the cost when my child turns 3 in september 2016? (based on current provisions of 15 hours).

I know that it is 15 hours at a school-attached nursery, and less at private childcare, but can't seem to find out how much we will actually get.

Trying to work out whether we can afford to have number 2 and childcare costs are a big factor!

Thanks

Littlefish Sun 21-Jun-15 18:08:22

It should be 15 hours free of charge no matter whether it is a school-attached nursery, or private childcare.

Unfortunately, the reality may well be somewhat different.

I think you need to phone the nurseries you are interested in and find out how they apply the 15 hours as each nursery is probably slightly different.

LIZS Sun 21-Jun-15 18:15:48

If they are part of the scheme it has to be up to 15 hours free to you, depending on how sessions are defined by cm as it is often 5 sessions of 3. The provider doesn't necessarily get the full cost back though, iirc it is about £3.80 per hour, so not all participate.

Nolim Tue 23-Jun-15 05:13:27

Definitelly ask your cm directly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now