Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with any insight into Dorset nurseries - Port Regis, Castle Court etc?

(6 Posts)
Alexandpea Mon 30-Mar-15 15:50:13

I am new to the Dorset area and am finding it really hard to decide which nursery/school to send my son to. I'm also finding it hard to meet any parents with children already at these schools to get some inside perspective.

My son's 3 in November and we thought we'd settled on Port Regis nursery/pre-prep. However its a 30 minute drive away and the other alternatives - Castle Court, Dumpton or Knighton House are much closer to where we live.

I would really appreciate any insights into any of these nurseries/schools. They all look great from the tours we have had and after London the space is amazing. If you have any comments (good or bad) on any of these schools, I would love to hear them.

Alexandpea Tue 31-Mar-15 20:29:47

Bumping smile

656565 Thu 07-May-15 12:03:17

Hi
Just came across your post as looking for a school with a nursery and pre-prep. I have had a look around a few schools but at the moment the top of my list is The Walled Garden, Sandroyd. The classes are small and the setting is amazing and seem to be very friendly staff, so definitely worth looking at. It is between Shaftesbury and Sixpenny Handley so not sure how far that is from you but they do run minibuses.
Good luck.

123bertie Wed 03-Jun-15 00:31:51

I've just moved too and am in the same situation. Have you tried their toddler groups? I have been to a few which has helped me get to know the environment and the parents too. Currently trying to decide...

Sandroyd Thu 11-Jun-15 13:29:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

marlob Thu 18-Jun-15 16:33:01

Port Regis!! I can't recommend it enough. The Pre Prep and Nursery is the most delightful place. They play in a beautiful walled garden, go on fantastic trips, swim in a beautiful pool, do gymnastics in a world class gym, the staff are all delightful (can you tell I'm a parent?) - and my favourite is the forest school!! It's such a wonderful family environment. It's the place childhood memories (and happy mummies) are made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now