Talk

Advanced search

Job, Nurseries and houses

(11 Posts)
Beissan2013 Sat 07-Feb-15 12:07:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BackforGood Sat 07-Feb-15 14:47:24

Hi there.
The reason you will be able to earn more in London, is because it costs more to live there. If you want cheaper living costs, then you would need to move out of London, and the SE of England generally. The same will apply to rent as well as Nurseries.
I don't know anything about it myself, but I understand from threads on here that some people do employ a Nanny with their own child sometimes, as it cuts down the costs for them, but is perfectly do-able if they don't have a large family themselves.

Beissan2013 Sat 07-Feb-15 17:01:46

LIZS Sat 07-Feb-15 17:08:28

Think you'd find it very hard to fund 3 in London on a basic salary, even if you could find a job paying 18k , sorry. Would you be eligible for tax credits etc which might help with nursery costs or could you wait until your daughter is 3 when she would qualify for some free nursery hours. Can you move without work lined up ?

BackforGood Sat 07-Feb-15 17:12:45

Or is your daughter staying with your husband until he joins you an option ? It would be a big financial saving in terms of Nursery place, and mean you can be a lot more flexible in terms of your work ?

Nolim Sat 07-Feb-15 17:21:32

Some families employ nannies with children. Another option would be to become a childminder but i undestand it takes time and money to do so.

700 pm for a nursery may not be possible at least where i live but do look around.

Any other transferable skills that could be useful in another line of work?

jendot2 Sat 07-Feb-15 17:43:27

I think you will struggle to find a nursery place in London for £700 pm here right in the suburbs a full time nursery place will cost £1000
You can get nanny jobs where you can take your child, but be prepared to be paid a bit less than if you don't have your child with you.
Setting up in London is VERY hard on a low wage and living on a nanny salary with your own child is going to be very stressful. I don't want to put you off, just make sure you prepare well and have some contingency funds.
Good luck x x

Beissan2013 Sat 07-Feb-15 20:27:02

LIZS Sat 07-Feb-15 20:38:36

Without wishing to dampen your optimism you may well struggle to find a childcare position with no relevant qualification nor will you be able to get a DBS check as you won't have lived in UK recently, let alone one which pays the required amount even in London. In your home country is there any system to have a police check ? Also check out the equivalence of any qualifications from overseas. Will your dh be able to work on entry ?

Beissan2013 Sat 07-Feb-15 21:46:42

Nolim Mon 09-Feb-15 11:12:28

I second backforgood. If your dc can stay with your dp for six months while you get a job and then he becomes a sahd or gets a job that pays childcare then you have more jobs to choose from since you would not have childcare restrictions.

Easier said than done i know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: