Talk

Advanced search

Urgent help please - childcare Shackleford

(8 Posts)
McCNat Mon 26-Jan-15 12:01:19

Hello,

After nearly a year of false starts we're just about to exchange on a house in Shackleford, near Godalming and will be moving in the next few weeks. I have a DS (1 year) and a DD (nearly 4). For DS, I really just need a nice nursery/CM recommendation. For DD, she will be starting school in September so I would like a pre-school just for one term. Ideally I don’t think I want a pre-school where she will be the only child not going on to the school as I think this will just add to the disruption.

I have quite a lot of flexibility in my job as I work from home most days so could possibly live with two full days and 3 half days or making up some of the time with a CM or nanny – just worried that most of the places I have called are full so I’m out of ideas. Please has anybody got any suggestions?

Walcatz Mon 26-Jan-15 21:16:30

Have you thought of advertising in Guildford - it might give you more options. Good luck!

Legwarmersforboys Mon 26-Jan-15 21:18:52

You could try the talkboard on your MN local site

Ovidiandreams Tue 27-Jan-15 13:52:21

Acorns nursery in Shackleford itself is wonderful, well worth a visit. Children tend to go on to different schools from there as well.

McCNat Tue 27-Jan-15 15:34:13

Thanks Ovidiandreams - unfortunately I've tried them already and they are full. Such a shame as it would have been fab to walk to the nursery and they seem really nice.

BlueStringPudding Sat 31-Jan-15 21:02:56

Try Piccolos childminders in Eashing, they are fantastic and also do school pickups including from Shackleford if your DD goes there afterwards. http://www.piccoloschildminding.co.uk/

puffinsaregood Mon 09-Feb-15 09:59:50

If you contact the Council they will have a list of childminder s and nurseries.

mrsmalcolmreynolds Mon 09-Feb-15 16:47:38

Hi - I live about 10 mins from Shackleford. There are a couple of pre-schools in Milford (just the other side of the A3) - Orchard Pre-School and also one which is in the Baptist Church, sorry can't remember the name. There's a daycare style nursery in Milford called Tulips, although I haven't really heard anything about it.

In Godalming there are quite a lot of options - my own kids now go to a CM (sorry don't think she has spaces ATM) but used to go to Major Minors which was great. I've also heard good things about Bell House and Teddies in particular. There is a pre-school called Little Goslings which runs out of the Borough Hall, and a Montessori in Farncombe called Little Lanes which a couple of people I know have sent their kids to. Once you get away from central Godalming and towards the Farncombe side though I'd think it pretty unlikely that any other kids would go on to Shackleford Infants.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: