Advanced search

New to nursery doesn't like teacher

(7 Posts)
mrsw2013 Tue 20-Jan-15 18:10:26

My 3 year old has just started nursery and there are a few teachers but the one for her group is a man.

She will talk to him and answers him but does not want to bbe I'm his group or leave the female teachers.

It I only her second week and the teachers want us to encourage her and she just doesn't want to be with him. She likes him as talks about him fondly and the things he has done.

She has only been going 2 weekweeks and I'm worried!

happystory Tue 20-Jan-15 23:04:11

Sorry, unclear as to what you are worried about?

HSMMaCM Wed 21-Jan-15 09:49:36

If she speaks fondly of him, then she likes him. She's probably just getting used to him. I'd leave it a bit longer and encourage her by simply referring to him as her teacher, key worker, or whatever. It doesn't matter if she also likes the other staff.

What are you worried about?

TiggyD Wed 21-Jan-15 10:54:25

She likes him but doesn't want to be with him? Kind of opposite things there. If she likes him, she likes him. The not wanting to be in his group might be because she views being looked after by women as 'normal'. Give it another couple of weeks and see what happens.

somewheresomehow Wed 21-Jan-15 17:34:34

why are you so worried, are you thinking :-
man = abuser because if you are then you are stereo-typing in a very wrong way

BuzzardBird Wed 21-Jan-15 17:40:42

What are you worried about?

Teachers? In a nursery?

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 21-Jan-15 17:51:54

I'm. Not sure of the problem confused

the still see all the other teachers don't they regardless of who the key worker is?

If she likes him then what's the problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now