Talk

Advanced search

Wonderful nursery we brilliant tonight!

(4 Posts)
Minstrelsaremarvellous Tue 25-Nov-14 20:40:42

A public thank you to my DD's nursery. I had a terrible day, I genuinely forgot what day it was and turned up ridiculously late. As soon as I realised, I rang ahead and the team were so supportive and stayed on to care for my DD. I shall be spoiling them to say thank you. I've emailed the manager to give glowing feedback. People are so kind!

insancerre Wed 26-Nov-14 06:56:34

That's lovely
But they didn't really have a choice did they
Its not as if they could have gone home and left her on her own

JennyBlueWren Wed 26-Nov-14 19:02:08

But they could have been grumpy and standing at the door with DD with coat on and bag in hand.

I'm a nursery teacher and don't mind when a parent picks up late who doesn't normally -it's the frequent laters who we get annoyed about. And at the end of the day it's not the child's fault.

KittyandTeal Wed 26-Nov-14 19:08:28

I'm a teacher and same; it's the ones who are always late and never bother with a sorry that piss me off.

I'm more than happy to entertain your child if you're stuck in traffic or have forgotten what day it is or have just finished a night shift and forgot to set the alarm.

The parents who routinely rock up at 3.15 without a care in the world annoy me (and their children now get put straight into after school club and they get charged £5 for the hour!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now