Talk

Advanced search

Confused over nursery

(8 Posts)
caughtupinthismoment Tue 18-Nov-14 15:29:48

Currently my Daughter goes to a private nursery two days a week. But she has been offered a place at our local schools nursery. I have been offered afternoons these will last from January when she starts until the summer.
I was wondering what everyones experience is with sending there children to school nurseries.
Currently she still has naps through the day and she obviously wont be able to have them when she starts nursery.
Did your children adjust well?
Im slightly worried because with her only used to going to private nursery two days Im anxious to how she will adjust to going 5 days a week. I know she will adjust but I think it will be a bit much for DD because in Janaury she will have to attend 15 hours 5 days a week. Now she is only doing 10 hours and she is tired after that.

HSMMaCM Tue 18-Nov-14 15:31:50

You don't have to move her yet if you don't think it will work for her routine.

caughtupinthismoment Tue 18-Nov-14 15:45:16

She isnt gaurenteed a place at the schools nursery if I delay until easter. But she does have a place starting in January.

AdorableAbbie Thu 20-Nov-14 21:15:55

Don't force your kid if you think it won't work for her to go to nursery 5 days a week.

hollie84 Thu 20-Nov-14 21:17:30

When does she start school? Could you delay school nursery til September?

minibmw2010 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:09:08

How old is she? My DS is in the preschool room and they still allow nap if he needs it.

Littlefish Tue 09-Dec-14 22:29:14

I would delay her start until September (presumably she is an Autumn birthday and therefore eligible for 5 terms of funding?) She will still be at pre-school for a year before she starts school, and will probably be offered mornings rather than afternoons.

furcoatbigknickers Tue 09-Dec-14 22:30:48

I wouldn't move her if she still has afternoon nap, she won't get as much out of afternoons only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now