Forest school nursery

(4 Posts)
tortoisesarefab Mon 15-Sep-14 21:00:12

Hi, does anyone have any experience of this? There is one that is starting up in a local country park and I am considering it for Ds when he turns 3 for a few months until he starts preschool nursery at 3 and a half. I like the principal of it and it would be for 3 hours a day so not a huge amount of time but the main thing I have issue with is dropping him off at a park! It just seems weird. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has had a child in one or works at one. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
bustrainwalkwalk Wed 17-Sep-14 13:59:32

Really? What is Forest school? What if it rains....

Artandco Wed 17-Sep-14 14:02:30

It's great. They will ask or provide rain and snow gear, and usually have at least a small shelter for in storms.

I rally wanted mine to go but none near us. However I would just send at 3 1/2 instead of the other one probably.

They find wildlife, climb, explore, build things, jump in puddles, fresh air - and then come home for lunch and have a great nap as exhausted. Perfect

ash979 Mon 22-Sep-14 19:33:18

Hi I do fforest school at my school we do it with nursery and reception. Forest school is fab and the children get so much from it. We have lots of fun cooking on the fire, msking dens and using tools like saws and much more. The forest school ethos is all about building self esteem snd everything is done in a very positive way. Cant recommend it enough!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in