Talk

Advanced search

looking for a montessori preschool within reach of SO51 (nr Romsey, Hampshire)

(16 Posts)
NappiesGalore Mon 05-Jun-06 17:03:06

anyone got any ideas? i know theres Hartley house in Hursley and Winchester...any others?

NomDePlume Mon 05-Jun-06 17:04:58

Does this help ?

NomDePlume Mon 05-Jun-06 17:05:51

I'm nowhere near SO51 so can't advise on the places listed/ I just googled "montessori SO51"

NappiesGalore Mon 05-Jun-06 17:33:06

ta. was looking for some personal recommendations really...

and wondered if maybe there were some 'secret' ones lurking about that they dont tell just anyone about on things like google (im not totally mad - there are several nurseries near me which dont seem to be listed on things like council lists and stuff)

LadyCodofCOdford Mon 05-Jun-06 17:34:14

try jhandlemcarefully
sh leives there baouts

Tommy Mon 05-Jun-06 18:10:38

there's one in Southampton. My friend's DS goes there. She seems happy with it.

brimfull Mon 05-Jun-06 18:12:19

one in ashley heath nr ringwood but that's probably too far

notanotter Mon 05-Jun-06 18:37:06

I am of no help sorry but i do love the one my ds3 has started at and just look at it!
Ridiculous!!!

NappiesGalore Mon 05-Jun-06 18:53:38

blimey, do hansel and gretel go there too?

seedlings in southampton is actually really lovely - they seem, unlike quite a few 'montessori' nurseries really to operate in the way maria montessori intended (i have some training in it so i know the signs) . its just a little far from here and as we're dead rural here, and i grew up in the inner city, i was kind of hoping for something a bit rural and idyllic with big garden and open spaces and nature n stuff. KWIM?

dont know where ashley heath is, but im not from round here so thats not saying much. will look into it, ta.

notanotter Mon 05-Jun-06 18:55:27

They could do - it is in a wood actually in it!!

NappiesGalore Mon 05-Jun-06 18:58:54

notanotter, where is that? i want to live there!

ta cod, will look out for her.

notanotter Mon 05-Jun-06 19:02:17

Bolton Abbey - North Yorkshire.... People travel for MILES to go there!!! We will just do the nursery bit.

Tommy Mon 05-Jun-06 19:21:02

sorry if we're too towny
Agree with cod - you really need handlemecarefully - she lives near you.

stringbean Wed 07-Jun-06 15:17:44

I know it's not Montessori, but Yellow Dot nurseries have a good reputation locally - there's one that's recently opened in North Baddesley. Also Mulberry Corner in Chandlers Ford is lovely.

NappiesGalore Wed 07-Jun-06 22:30:56

thank you stringbean

i'll check those out. north baddesley is really close.

GaMeg Wed 14-Sep-16 16:02:54

Hello!

I know this post is from a very long time ago, but it's eactly what I am enquiring about! NappiesGalore, what have you found at the end? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now