Nurseries in the Buxton area

(4 Posts)
Oeisha Wed 30-Nov-11 13:48:27

I'm looking at having to send my current bump (DD1, due in Jan) to nursery in July/August time in Buxton, Derbyshire. Ideally I'd be a stay at home Mum, but that's not feasable. I was wondering if any mners had any experience of any of the nurseries in the area. I've ruled out the "Good News" nursery as we are essentiall athiests.

I've not yet visited any (I know, I'm leaving it late), and there seems to be very little informaiton online about some of them. I don't have many friends in the area so am at the moment relying on mainly ofsted reports (some of which are years old). I am contacting them for borchures/infromation, but they're probably not going to tell me anything I don't already know!

Any advice?

OP’s posts: |
PigeonStreet Wed 30-Nov-11 13:52:22

Hi Oeisha, I didn't want your post to go unanswered, I used to live very near to Buxton but I couldn't comment on the nurseries there nowas I moved away 15 years ago. I will ask my mates though, some of whom send their dc's to nurseries in and around buxton.

pommedechocolat Wed 30-Nov-11 13:55:01

I didnt visit any nurseries until dd was 4 months old and she started 3 months later. The one we went wth was Ofsted Outstanding as well.
I think outside London there isn't the same kind of pressure on places.

Oeisha Wed 30-Nov-11 14:12:45

OH! Thank you guys! Mega-quick replies! Any advice your friends could wing my way would be great pigeon. Thank you!!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in