Talk

Advanced search

Nursery blues

(2 Posts)
Rachael33 Tue 27-Sep-11 12:11:17

Hi, my DS is 2 yrs old and I've just started him in a nursery session for 2 hours, twice a week. It started off ok but now he physically fights me when I try to drop him off and becomes very distressed. We're leaving him there as a first step towards nursery when he is 3, as he spends all the rest of his time with me. He settles once I've gone but I've become concerned that he is now more clingy the rest of the time - I struggle to have a shower when he is with my husband. What to do - is it better for him to go through this or should I just leave it for the next year? I have a paranoid fear that I will create problems in an otherwise happy child by forcing him away from me twice a week.

dribbleface Tue 27-Sep-11 13:48:53

in my honest opinion i wouldn't worry too much about settling when he is 3. there is a huge difference between 2 and 3. if you don't need him to be there then i wouldn't put him or yourself through it. i had to persevere as was working and it was heart breaking. having said that he has just started pre-school at 3 and couldn't be happier. i really feel for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now