Talk

Advanced search

Two nurseries in 5 months?

(2 Posts)
SconesForTea Mon 26-Sep-11 22:26:32

DD is 19m. There is a good nursery a very short walk away that takes children from 2y, and I have applied for DD to start there two afternoons a week in 5 months time.

I am 36w pg, a SAHM, and really struggling with looking after DD full time. Ideally I would like her to start nursery pretty much immediately, before the baby is born. There is another good nursery a longer walk away (I don't drive) which could take DD now.

How detrimental would it be for DD to start at the further away nursery, then in 5 months time swop to the nearer one?

I would not normally consider chopping and changing like this but I am utterly exhausted and desperate. No family nearby to help. Dreading having 2 childrem to look after full time sad

Stayathomebum Tue 27-Sep-11 10:53:48

I changed my DD's nursery when she was 15 months because we were not happy with the level of care that she received. She had been there for 2/3 days per week since she was 10 months old.

She started at the new nursery a couple of months ago and she absolutely loves it and luckily she settled in very well. We did do taster sessions at the new nursery though for 3 weeks before she made the transition.

I do think it depends on the nature of your DD. Is she easily unsettled/unsure of strangers? If so she might really struggle changing after 5 months, especially as at 2 I imagine that they will be going into a 'bigger' room with more children and where it may seem a little more chaotic.

I suppose you are the best judge of how you think your DD will cope, but in my experience changing nursery was a really good move for us. I agonised over the decision for weeks and was very worried about DD but now I am very glad we did it.

I hope all goes well with the new DC, I am sure you will all be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now