Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries for under 12 months near Queens Park / West Hampstead / Maida Vale in London?

(6 Posts)
lalababy Wed 14-Sep-11 14:32:22

Hi, I am having my first baby in December and have just woken up to the fact that I will have to put my lil one in a nursery when I head back to work after 6 months. I have been told that I should be putting my name down for places soon. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with nurseries around the Queens Park area and could suggest something.

Clapina Thu 15-Sep-11 15:04:37

Hi, I live in Queen's Park too (and I am due in December as well!!) I have done a little bit of research and it doesn't look like there are many nurseries for under 2yo in QP. One on Victoria Road and one towards Kensal Rise. I will try and dig out what I found and let you know.

Btw, are you signing up to any NCT classes in the area?

Whizkidwithacrazystreak Thu 15-Sep-11 21:01:30

nanny share?

lalababy Fri 16-Sep-11 11:22:04

Clapina I have signed up for the NCT classes in November on Hopefield road. Since I don't actually have any friends with kids or who are pregnant I figured it would be a good way to make some mummy/daddy friends.

I haven't really found anything in QP either.. .which is funny because it looks like babyville when walking around! I saw one called happy child and was hoping to check it out. Other than that... I think I'd have to look somewhere further???

Whiz where do you look for nannyshares? I have seen some websites... do people just go on those?

Clapina Wed 21-Sep-11 08:40:42

Hi, I am going to Hopefield Road for antenatal classes but through "Birth and Baby Wise", run by the same teacher as the NCT class but at better times (lots of evenings and weekends, not daytime fridays, so my husband can also join)

I am surprised by the lack of under 2 yo childcare options in the area too. So many kids, I can see a gap in the market :-) Maybe most people rather nannyshare than sending their kids to a nursery?

Childcare325 Thu 22-Sep-11 14:46:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now