Talk

Advanced search

Flexible nurseries in Edinburgh

(4 Posts)
Kara29 Mon 15-Aug-11 21:53:36

I am hoping someone may be able to offer some advice regarding flexible nurseries in central or western Edinburgh.

I'm due to return to work three days a week in November or December. As I work in retail I'm required to work different days each week.

I'd like my DS to go to a nursery that offers places that can be booked per day as required (I usually know the days I'll be working one week in advance).

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

TheDetective Mon 15-Aug-11 21:57:29

Are there any nurseries that do this anywhere? Jeez, if there is, please let me know! I could afford a second child then!! :D

Glendaisgrumpy Mon 15-Aug-11 21:59:33

You may well need to look at a childminder not a nursery. Very few nurseries will consider this type of arrangement. The other option is ask your emploiyer to fix your days.

Groovee Sun 28-Aug-11 21:04:05

When I worked in a private nursery we didn't offer this. I don't know of one nursery who would do this as numbers and ratio's in a stressful part of making sure everything works and one weeks notice would make it quite hard for a manager to know how many places there are etc. My childminder however does offer this as I do supply work and she allows me to change my days according to what work I can get. A childminder may be the way forward or you may have to ask you your employer to fix your days under the flexible working thingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now