Talk

Advanced search

Nursery Job AD.

(9 Posts)
TiggyD Wed 03-Aug-11 10:36:45

"Large Day Nursery in N#####y are looking for a Senior Nursery Nurse to work in the Baby Room. The candidate must have had previous experience in a supervisory role and be Level 3 qualified or higher. £13,500-£14,000."
It's 40 hours a week or about £6.50 an hour.

That's not an assistant job. It's not even a basic Nursery Nurse job. It's an experienced senior room leader job.

dribbleface Wed 03-Aug-11 11:46:54

That's about average for our areas TiggyD.

HoneyPablo Thu 04-Aug-11 07:31:21

It's more than I get at the moment, and probably more than the baby room supervisor earns too.

KatyMac Thu 04-Aug-11 07:34:51

Yep - that's about right (I pay over the odds at mine on the basis that if you pay peanuts......)

It's really sad isn't it

TiggyD Thu 04-Aug-11 09:27:29

Depressing. Maybe I should aim higher in life and get some kind of qualification in supermarket shelf stacking or something.

FourThousandHoles Thu 04-Aug-11 09:31:29

My friend is an intelligent experienced nursery nurse working in a pre school. She has a lot of responsibility imo. She earns 2p / hr over the minimum wage.

The only reason she does it is that she gets half price childcare for her own dd at the nursery she works at.

My youngest goes to the same nursery and I pay £££... it's a lovely place with great reasources and premeses but I do wonder where the money goes.

inmysparetime Thu 04-Aug-11 10:39:47

I get less than that with a level 5 childcare qualification and 10 years experience. Childcare is a low paid sector, as it is based on parents ability to pay. I'm not in it for the money, I love my job.

nurseryvoice Thu 04-Aug-11 20:42:53

for the poster who wonders where the money goes...
wages and holiday cover
employers ni
rent or mortgate
building insurance
public liability and employers liability insurance
contents insurance
food
utilities
rates
phone bill and bill for internet costs
memberships of ndna
ofsted annual fee
any vehicle costs
resources eg paper pencils equipment
website running costs
computer costs
training costs
paper towels handsoap aprons gloves
the list goes on an on but you get the general idea.
As the previous poster said the income to pay for wages and all the other costs is dependant on what parents can afford to pay

Jojo1983 Wed 10-Aug-11 12:40:31

Im a room supervisor in a nursery and I get paid more than that but I suppose its all about where in the country you live/work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now