Talk

Advanced search

Nursery routine is quite different to DS's - should I try to get him onto their routine?

(3 Posts)
RaisingMrC Fri 08-Jul-11 09:38:22

DS is 11 months and due to start nursery (2 days a week) in 4 weeks time. Their meal and sleep times differ to DS's current routine and also he will end up going to bed later on days that he is in nursery.

I'm not a strict routinesy person by any means but I am just worried about the effect of having 2 quite different days in nursery to his days with me.

I'm wondering if it would be worth trying to move his routine towards the nursery's routine. Has anyone else done this or am I just worrying unnecessarily??

WorrisomeHeart Fri 08-Jul-11 11:31:14

No advice but watching this thread closely as I have the same problem!

cookielove Fri 08-Jul-11 18:05:31

In most baby rooms, the carers will cater to your routine, and then as they begin to get ready to move to the next room up will introduce that rooms routine and adjust the child accordingly.

Ok, now with that said, your child being 11 months is coming up to the age where he may move into toddler room. So there for he will move onto the set nursery routine quite quickly, however they still may accommodate his routine you ask.

Most children generally don't follow the same routine at home as they do at nursery, and it usually doesn't effect them that much, you may find that he may sleep and eat more at home than usual, as often to begin with children sleep and eat less when starting nursery. He may be a bit more clingy as he understands this new adventure, nursery can be very stimulating and tiring especially when he first starts.

But as i say this is an adventure, and i am sure he will love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now