Talk

Advanced search

1 year old in nursey full time. It will be OK won't it...?

(6 Posts)
Mupski Tue 05-Jul-11 23:47:29

My DD will be in nursery full time from October. I know it's a few months away yet but it really does seem to be coming around so quickly now. I'd love to work part time but can't really afford at this stage. I'm beginning to stress about leaving my PFB even though I'm delighted we've secured a place at a lovely little nursey which is by far the best of all the nurseries I looked at.

So please could you all help with my worry and guilt by giving me lots of lovely examples of children going to nursery full time and absolutely loving it?

I thank you.

Grabaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 23:56:15

Yes I used to run a 1-2 room and the part timers were just as happy as the full timers - and in fact the full timers found it easier to settle as they came each day instead of coming, having a couple of days of and then returning.

She will make lots of little friends and the nursery nurses will be able to fill you in on all that she does from what she's eaten/slept for but also how she enjoyed playing with gloop, liked digging in the garden, and made you a beautiful picture.

Yes you'll miss her but she'll be happy - most nurseries take lots of photos - and you'll still be the most important person in her life.

tigana Wed 06-Jul-11 00:00:50

Chances are, dd will be fine, while you will be racked with occasional pangs of fantastic mummy-guilt every so often. (you would feel this if you worked PT or didn't work at all btw...just for different reasons!)

You do what you have to do, you muddle through and come out the other side.

AND, once dd starts school (assuming you still work FT then) you will be sorted and not feel the guilt about after school/breakfast club so much, because the chunk of time involved is nothing!!!

tigana Wed 06-Jul-11 00:00:58

Chances are, dd will be fine, while you will be racked with occasional pangs of fantastic mummy-guilt every so often. (you would feel this if you worked PT or didn't work at all (outside the home, obviously)btw...just for different reasons!)

You do what you have to do, you muddle through and come out the other side.

AND, once dd starts school (assuming you still work FT then) you will be sorted and not feel the guilt about after school/breakfast club so much, because the chunk of time involved is nothing!!!

tigana Wed 06-Jul-11 00:02:02

oops double post cos i went back to clarify about working outside home, just after pressing send..it was hanging...pah!

Mupski Wed 06-Jul-11 08:22:51

Thanks for the replies. She just seems so tiny. sad I keep reminding myself of how much she loves the play groups we go to and I'd like to think nursery will be like a day long play group for her.

Thanks Grabaspoon, picturing her running around the garden with her little friends has helped a lot. And yes Tigana, seems like this mummy-guilt is something I'm going to have to learn to live with because I guess it's here to stay for one reason or another!

The nursery have a little sports day this month which we'll be going along to as I think it will help to see how much fun the children are having and how hey interact with the staff and each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now