Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ridiculous PFB question about starting nursery

(5 Posts)
littlemisstax Tue 05-Jul-11 15:35:47

My 8 month old DD starts nursery next week. I've got a whole bag of nametapes and started sewing. Do I need to name everything (in which case she can wear the same 3 outfits each week) or just bits likely to be taken off and kept off? So far I've named her sunhat, coat and one cardigan. I think I have a long way to go smile

Grabaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 15:38:13

You don't have to label anything however as a room leader in a nursery I like sun hats, suncream, wellies, shoes, coats and bags labeled.

AtAmber Tue 05-Jul-11 15:40:48

Don't bother with name tapes. Write the name on the label with a laundry marker. Much quicker!

Jcee Tue 05-Jul-11 19:12:36

I sew in name tags into the expensive big stuff - coat, sun hat, cardi - and have sticky name labels for shoes, sun cream and bag.

For everything else I just write her initials in marker pen on the label if I remember and so far we've lost a few socks, which I can live with except when she comes home in someone else's minging filthy ones.

EvaPeron Wed 06-Jul-11 20:42:26

We bought a name stamp with fabric ink for stamping names on clothing. Much easier than sewing when they grow so fast. Having said that, I only bother to name a few things now anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now