Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries near Bayswater/Queensway tubes ? W2 area

(5 Posts)
US2LON Fri 01-Jul-11 10:18:49

Hi,

I have recently moved to London and taken up a place in W2 area , very near to Bayswater tube station. My DS is 19 mth old & I am looking for a full time nursery for him. Anyone has an experience of Queensborough nursery ? Ofsted has given them OUTSTANDING for last 2 years.I visited the place today ,everything looked ok but was not greatly impressed. May be coz it was a very hot day today and everything was humid/sticky etc. Also observed they didnt have a separate room for kids under 2 and above 2, just one common hall with sections of construction room , book corner, painting table etc. They were serving eve snack and I saw 2 care takers with 1 plate each containing carrot n cucumber sticks and a dip cup holding in their hands. Kids expected to pick up from those hand held plate n cup and eat. No dining table ?
I want a nursery which can keep my child stimulated, social and clean n happy. Any suggestions /recommendations ?

Mariabcn Wed 06-Jul-11 13:03:25

Hello, I also live in Bayswater and would like to talk to someone about the nurseries in the area.

Infopls Wed 06-Jul-11 19:23:56

Mariabcn, this is my 4th post and I have got zero responses on this topic. It almost looks like there are no mums from Bayswater/NH/Queensway areas on this network site. Not sure though.
How old is your kid and what are you looking for ? Have you thought of trying a childminder ?

foxbasealpha Wed 06-Jul-11 21:13:15

Hi to both of you! It's not W2/Bayswater, but just on the other side of Edgware Road (Marble Arch) is a fabulous nursery called Beginnings - www.beginnings.org.uk. I can highly recommend. (It's part of the West London Synagogue but we are not Jewish). Hope that helps!

RJWW Mon 11-Jul-11 14:35:46

Hi, I also live in the area and currently looking and there doesn't seem to be a lot of nurseries around for the under 2's. I have previously tried Hyde Park Nursery part of Bright Horizons on glouseter terrace (only 1 day a week), but we didn't have a great experience and our nanny fortunately became available full time. I have had a nanny for 9 months now and would recommend it to anyone, however, I think my little one is ready for nursery (18 months) and will be handy next year when baby 2 arrives as I will only need help a couple of mornings a week. I will keep you posted with the rest of my search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now