Talk

Advanced search

Decent nurseries around Greenmount/Ramsbottom area

(3 Posts)
mrsaligee Wed 29-Jun-11 13:26:09

Hi all

I have just moved to Greenmount and am contemplating moving my child to a local nursery. Key criteria are that it's a good one, has extended opening hours, isn't too expensive, accepts childcare vouchers and possibly offers a discount for a second child (my second due in October).

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

DadMalcolm Fri 01-Jul-11 07:22:34

Hi,

We have managed to avoid putting our son in nursery for now but the most popular amongst our friends seems to be The Mulberry Bush. The one in Tottington would probably be most convenient but their is also one in Walmersley which isn't too far if you cut through Summerseat. They are opening soon and have an open day tomorrow (July 2nd). www.mulberrybush-nursery.co.uk/. Other option which people seem to be taking is foundations for learning which is in the centre of Ramsbottom, www.foundationsforlearning.co.uk/index.html.
The children's centres in Ramsbottom and Tottington are fantastic so it is probably worth going to either of them and asking the mums (and rare dads) for some advice. I've put a list of groups below;

Monday - 10-11:30 Bump 'n' Beyond @ Ramsbottom Civic Hall (for mums-to-be and infants)

Tuesday - 1:30-2.30 Prambles (monthly organised walk with prams - next one is 12th July at Nuttall Park)
2:30-3 Rhyme time @ Ramsbottom Library

Wednesday - 9.30 - 10.30 Parent and Child Swimming @ Ramsbottom Baths

Thursday - 10-10:30 Rhyme time @ Ramsbottom Library
10-11:15 Stay and Play (for 18months - 3 years) @ St. Annes
Church Hall, Tottington.
1:30-2:30 Baby Bistro (Breast feeding support group) @ Ramsbottom Children's centre.

Friday - 10 - 11:30 Bump 'n' Beyond @ St. Annes Church Hall

Hope this helps.

mrsaligee Thu 07-Jul-11 14:02:51

Thanks DadMalcolm, not had chance to come on in a few days will check the Mulberry Bush out. And it's nice to know that there are some local activities we can get involved in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now