Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had a child who has moved nurseries several times and not be emotional scared for life??

(10 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Fri 24-Jun-11 22:06:36

Title says it all really sad

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Fri 24-Jun-11 22:55:28

scarred even!!

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sat 25-Jun-11 20:39:32

bumping

MegBusset Sat 25-Jun-11 20:42:30

Not nurseries but DS1 has been to three different preschools, didn't faze him at all.

cjbartlett Sat 25-Jun-11 20:43:45

Is it because you keep
moving or because you don't like each setting?
Would a cm be better?

whysolate Sat 25-Jun-11 20:45:18

DC1 changed nursery when he was 18 months old. I was so worried about taking him out of familiar surroundings. I took him out of the old nursery as I wasn't happy with the way he was n't cared for and the staff's attitudes. It was the best thing I ever did. He was much happier and so was I. smile

fivegomadindorset Sat 25-Jun-11 20:46:32

A friends son has, doesn't seem to bother him, 4 different nurseries/childminders and he has only turned three.

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sat 25-Jun-11 21:06:52

First nursery was from 9months to 3 years
Second was for 2 terms (badly let down by prep school.......horrible situation sad thought we would be there forever....well until Year 6 anyway!)
Now starting at the third nursery......but it wont feed into a primary school so he will move ready for school Sep 2012.

Just feel so bad for him about it sad

NorkyButNice Sat 25-Jun-11 21:17:41

DS is nearly 4 and on his 3rd nursery. First one from 6 months to a year, second up to 2 and a half and now the 3rd until he goes to school. Each change was because we moved (from the US to London, then out to the suburbs).

He's not the most confident child and has recently had issues with being left out of activities at nursery, but I don't think it's anything to do with moving settings (but who knows really). Nothing we could have done about the moves anyway.

LePatissier Tue 12-Jul-11 13:54:03

I would think it depends on your child and their age.

My daughter started nursery at 2.5
1.5 years later, we moved to Germany for 6 months
during which she attended two different nurseries in two different
cities.
We then moved back to the UK (so a lot of moving around within 6 months !)
and she attended pre-school for a couple of weeks before starting
school that year.
We have not moved cities since (only to a different house on the same road LOL) but up until her 4th birthday, we had been on the move at LEAST every other year.

She is very outgoing/adaptable and enjoyed making lots of new friends.

My DS (22months) started nursery a year ago and I wouldn't dream of moving him, even though he was a offered a place at a nursery much more convenient
for me (was put on waiting-list, but opted out when offered a place as he had settled well into the first nursery).
I'm not even sure I want him to attend the primary school's pre-school !

FWIW I think up until they start school, it's not such a big issue as long as
your child has the personality to deal with frequent moves.
My daughter definitely didn't suffer.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now