Talk

Advanced search

Ackroyd Nursery Forest Hill - or other nurseries in SE23

(8 Posts)
minorpanic Mon 13-Jun-11 06:46:16

My kids have got a place at Ackroyd nursery in Honor Oak. Does anyone know anything about it, or about other nurseries in the area. When I visited the kids seemed happy and confident, but I am a bit worried about the space. The outdoor space was small! Thanks in advance.

chandellina Tue 21-Jun-11 12:41:44

i have no first hand experience though i plan to send my son to the breakfast club and after school club there at some point. the nursery seems to have a good reputation. try the se23.com forum, where it has been mentioned by parents.

pinkdelight Wed 22-Jun-11 09:26:11

We looked at Oak Tree recently and that seemed very nice, decent outdoor space. Ended up choosing a CM but not because there was anything wrong with the nursery so worth checking it out if you want a comparison. We also saw Seedlings which has a good rep and big yard, but felt a bit packed to me.

minorpanic Wed 22-Jun-11 19:07:06

Thanks for these responses. Seedlings seems to be one that a lot of people like but we can't get in there. Will try having a look at Oak Tree.

weather123 Sun 26-Jun-11 17:37:56

new nursery opening in SE13 which is not far, they have just done an article on newshopper, about CCTV cameras, 1st nursery in borough to have them in all the rooms

Stokey38 Tue 28-Jun-11 15:08:35

We are at TM nurseries and really happy with them. Have also heard good things about Oak Tree and know Seedlings are good as well but as you say long wait list. Have you tried Little Fingerprints on Church Rise? Have also heard good things about them. I can also PM you the name of a local nursery to avoid if that helps! grin

minorpanic Thu 30-Jun-11 18:39:36

Hi Stokey! No I haven't tired Little Fingerprints. Would welcome a PM. I'm not sure how to do that but I'm assuming you do? Thanks very much in advance!

b2011 Fri 22-Jul-11 08:33:07

hi waether... i heard a new nursery is opening in se13 but it is not the first in the boroough, another setting has had the cams since 2006.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now