Talk

Advanced search

Pay as you go nurseries?

(3 Posts)
Paula30CWR Tue 07-Jun-11 14:48:55

I have a 3-month-old baby and later in the year I will have start thinking of sending him to a nursery. I work from home, which in a way makes it easier, but my projects come in different times. There are days when I have work for weeks and days when nothing happens. So, does anyone know if there are flexible nurseries where you can take your kid when you need to and pay as you go?

Thanks!

RitaMorgan Tue 07-Jun-11 14:54:13

I've not heard of any I'm afraid.

Maybe a childminder would work better - if you find one who has some spare spaces or doesn't want to be full to capacity they might let you do ad-hoc hours?

cookielove Tue 07-Jun-11 20:46:58

We sometimes can offer places in an ad hoc basis, but the problem with that is we can't hold a full time place open on the off chance it may be used so what you may be required to do is pay for one or two days and then book the others in as casuals as and when you require them, also doing it that way means you can't guarantee a place when you need it. So either you apply for a full time place which you will have to pay for regardless if you use the day, or you apply for a few days and book in casuals as and when you need them if they are available, i realise i have repeated this twice but wanted to make it clear. Also you would need to find a nursery that would be fine with this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: