Talk

Advanced search

Dees Day Nursery Wimbledon

(5 Posts)
Jenni363 Fri 27-May-11 19:23:05

Hiya,

Could anybody tell me more about Dees Day Nursery in Wimbledon? I went for a showround today and would like to hear from others experiences with them. They would have the availability for my DD - looking for a place around October / November.

My DD is on a waiting list for Dicky Birds (our first choice but impossible to get a place), Play Days on Queens RD, and Crown.

I'm also visiting Eveline on Quicks Rd and Early Ears Day Care in Colliers Wood...

Since both myself and DP are foreign (Fin / NZ) the difficulty of getting a nursery place has come as a bit of a shock to us! shock angry

Cheers for any help!

sweeta Tue 07-Jun-11 21:30:00

My son goes to dees day in wimbledon. He has been going there since the past 1 1/2 years. The staff has been caring. At times it does become a bit of a problem early in the mornings when the staff get late and hence there will be more kids and less staff. Apart from one or two staff, I have been extremely happy with the rest of the staff. I have been to Playdays in Wimbledon before registering with Dees but was not comfortable with the childcare. They have too many youngsters and I have watched their temperament with kids which is not too great.

Dicky Birds is the best (I couldnt find a place there too but a friend's kid goes there so their experience has been good), second best would be Dees in wimbledon. They are not too pushy with kids and I would recommend them. The place itself is not very big so if you are comfortable with that then would def recommend it.

Thanks

Jenni363 Wed 08-Jun-11 08:16:29

Thanks Sweeta! Still waiting for Dee's to send me the registration papers.... Called and emailed them yesterday and haven't heard anything back confused

I think they are going through management change? Wonder how that will affect things?

sweeta Wed 08-Jun-11 08:50:34

Yes, I hope so too that it doesnt affect things too much. It would be best to note down all your concerns and ask them when you register.

Gabi007 Tue 05-Jul-11 00:21:28

It seems impossible to get a space in a nursery in Wimbledon this year. My daughter is still waiting and she is now 18 months old. I was very late starting to look...I was also surprised to how long the waiting lists were. We have chosen Wimbledon Day Nursery though. They seem very popular but will open a new nursery just opposite the first one in April. I would recommend to visit them. It seems very clean and organised and the staff seem very nice. Not just young girls...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now