Talk

Advanced search

Do you send your dc in with a cold/cough?

(10 Posts)
Pinkjenny Tue 11-Jan-11 14:39:03

Just wondering what the general consensus is. Ds was poorly at the weekend - high temp, cough and cold. His temp has stayed down since Sunday afternoon and he is now left with a cough and a very snotty nose.

He is in nursery, as his temp is stable and well, if I kept him off every time he had a cold at this time of year he'd never be in...

But, well, I've just rang, and they said he's been a bit whingy, not eaten very much, had two good sleeps and is now eating some cheerios.

I asked if they wanted me to go and collect him and they said no.

I feel bloody awful now.

Pinkjenny Tue 11-Jan-11 14:58:44

Bump

CMOTdibbler Tue 11-Jan-11 15:07:53

If I hadn't, I wouldn't have done any work for 2 years. If you'd be at work with the symptoms, they can go to nursery - don'y feel guilty about it

Pinkjenny Tue 11-Jan-11 15:10:57

CMOT - I know, I feel so wretched about it, though. I could hear the judgement in her voice sad but I kept asking if they wanted me to come and get him!

Cookielove Wed 12-Jan-11 22:33:08

Did you ask for an update when you dropped him off, or mention that he was ill over the weekend?

We call parents to update them on how they are, to suggest coming a bit earlier, or to suggest getting a doctors appointment because we suspect something, and to warn them that if they (the children/child) continues to detoriate then they will have to come get them.

If they didn't want you to pick him up, i wouldn't feel overly worries

Pinkjenny Thu 13-Jan-11 09:15:17

Cookie - oh, absolutely, I mentioned that he was ill over the weekend. I've never asked them to call me, but I always ring if either of them are slightly below par, just to make sure I don't need to go and get them.

dribbleface Thu 13-Jan-11 16:01:59

Pinkjenny - please don't feel bad. As a nursery manager if i felt a child was too unwell to be at nursery i would say. My little boy has a cold every other week so would never be at nursery if he was off. If no temp I wouldn't be at all worried.

The guilt never stops does it!

Cookielove Thu 13-Jan-11 20:26:33

Maybe they were calling to make you feel bad, and guilt trip you into picking him up earlier.

TheMonster Thu 13-Jan-11 20:27:21

I send DS in because otherwise I'd never get to work!

pozzled Thu 13-Jan-11 20:30:51

If I kept DD off for colds and coughs she'd never go to nursery and I wouldn't be able to work!

I send her in unless she seems really out of sorts or has a high temperature, and I just assume the nursery will contact me if she does need to go home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now