Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of starting my own nursery...

(7 Posts)
chabbychic Fri 07-Jan-11 10:33:01

Probably in a couple of years. Has anyone done this? I'm aware there's lots of hard work and no cash incentive, just wondered if anyone had any advice for me.

I'm currently childminding, have been a teacher and will be (hopefully) an Early Years Professional by the end of 2011.

chabbychic Fri 07-Jan-11 13:13:30

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Sat 08-Jan-11 22:24:17

I run two nurseries and am also a cm.

All i can advise is really take your time with everything. Do not make any hasty descisions.

You will need to think about whether you want to start from scratch and build your own business up or there may be the chance to buy an existing nursery, along with it's equipment, staff and business (children).

If you dont have any management skills, that is also something worth considering trying to gain. ( i was in management in retail before this)

Good luck

chabbychic Sun 09-Jan-11 07:04:11

Thanks. Good point re management, I'll look into some training. Definitely not going to rush this one!

Are you happy with what you're doing or is it stress beyond your wildest dreams?!

KatyMac Sun 09-Jan-11 21:09:45

Are you happy with what you're doing or is it stress beyond your wildest dreams?!

I run a very small nusery & the answer is yes

chabbychic Mon 10-Jan-11 09:14:26

Yes to both?!

KatyMac Mon 10-Jan-11 09:58:40

Yep - yes to both

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: