Talk

Advanced search

Working full time and daughter can't get into private nursery!

(3 Posts)
summerlovebaby Fri 06-Aug-10 15:19:32

Hi,

I work full time and my DD who is 3.5 is wait listed for a private nursery in the Raynes Park area.

I cannot send her to a state nursery because I can't be home in time to pick her up.

She's with a childminder at the moment and goes to a nearby pre-school but that place is more for 2 year olds and they keep 3 year olds just until they get a place at a nursery.

Her childminder can't pick her up from nursery 3 days a week.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me with my situation? I feel it's so important for her to be in a nursery and she's missing out on the whole thing. Now the private nursery is telling me that she won't have a place in Sept.

bigstripeytiger Fri 06-Aug-10 15:22:22

Are you trying to get her into nursery full time, or just for the funded space?

It is usually easier to get in full time than part time in to nursery? Are there any other nurseries near you that might be acceptable?

Can she stay with the childminder if you dont get the nursery space?

summerlovebaby Fri 06-Aug-10 15:31:17

I am trying to get her into whatever space is available. Cant really afford full time but 3 full days a week.

I have tried other nurseries but they are either only term time or they only do certain days.

Yes she can stay with the childminder and her little sister (18 mos) goes there too so they have company but I just worry that she's not learning much and also doesn't have friends etc. She doesn't start reception until sept 2011.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: