Talk

Advanced search

What factors determine brand choice when bottle-feeding an infant?

(5 Posts)
MEDIA: Student Research Study Tue 05-Feb-19 12:14:21

Hello! You are being invited to take part in a student research study. Before you agree, it is important that you understand why the research is being undertaken and what it involves. Please take some time to read the following information. Please contact me if you have any queries or would like more information about the research study. Take time to decide if you want to participate in this study. Thank you for considering participating in this research study.
The purpose of this study is to identify what factors determine brand choice when bottle-feeding an infant, and what reasons as to why parents and/or guardians choose a particular brand of infant formula milk.

Please click on the following link to be redirected towards the research questionnaire;
ljmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/factors-which-determine-brand-choice-when-bottle-feeding-a

Somerville Tue 05-Feb-19 12:20:26

Whilst there may be no direct benefits to you for taking part in this study, the research findings could help to identify what factors determine, or influence, brand choice when bottle-feeding an infant and inform further research in this area, as well as help parents and/or guardians make informed decisions when feeding their infant.

I’m not happy to fill it in with the level of information given so far. Can you clarify, is there any sponsorship from formula companies?
The composition of formula is so tightly regulated that if all they can work on in the branding, which I find unethical sometimes. It should be clearer that the ingredients are all pretty much the same.

CountessVonBoobs Tue 05-Feb-19 12:24:24

Yes, I would also like to know the purpose of this study and who will be using the results. Are they intended or could they conceivably be used to sell more formula? In which case I would suggest that MNHQ take down this post.

I am frankly doubting that you're a student doing a nonprofit survey, given your lack of mention of any institution or sharing of your name. Perhaps you could share the details of your supervisor or your institution's ethics approval committee, so that we can address our queries about the purpose of the study to them.

Somerville Tue 05-Feb-19 12:26:27

(Countess some of those details are on the link.)

CountessVonBoobs Tue 05-Feb-19 12:39:53

That's good to know, Somerville - would suggest OP adds them to the thread as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: