Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

Would you like to help shape future research by sharing your views? We are looking for women to join our Pregnancy Advisory Group

(1 Post)
MEDIA: Lyndsey Hogg Tue 08-Nov-16 13:37:13

Hello

My name is Lyndsey and I am the Public Engagement Officer (Women’s Health) with the University of Edinburgh.

We are looking for women to join our Pregnancy Advisory Group as a volunteer and advise us on our research by bringing the patient/public view to the research. Healthcare researchers often want the ‘patient’ view of a topic and want your practical suggestions about how to improve their studies and the information they produce.

By joining our Pregnancy Advisory Group you won’t be taking part in a study. You will be working with the research team getting actively involved in the research process itself.

You don’t need medical or scientific knowledge. What you bring is your own experience of pregnancy.

There are a variety of different ways to get involved. For example:

•advising researchers on their studies
•commenting on patient information leaflets
•being part of a group overseeing the trial process to ensure the patient/public is represented
•suggesting new areas for research

Not all involvement will require attendance at meetings as some of the roles can be carried out via email or other forms of social media (Skype etc).

You can get involved in projects that interest you and fit around your family life. We will give you support and advice for all aspects of your involvement in the group.

If you would like to find out more about the Pregnancy Advisory Group please email me at Lyndsey.Hogg@ed.ac.uk or telephone 0131 242 2677

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now