Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

Alternative to disposable cameras

(10 Posts)
user1473490088 Sat 10-Sep-16 07:53:57

Hi everyone,

It's my first post on here and was hoping I could get your feedback on something.

I am currently researching options available to me instead of putting disposable cameras on my wedding tables for guests.

Photos are often low quality, they can only take a limited amount and I have to wait for them to be processed.

Would any of you be interested in a service where you can rent iPhones for your special day, have one located on each of your guests tables and they use that instead of disposable cameras? The service would also send you all the photos your guests take within 24 hours!

Thoughts?

Enjoy your weekend!

Jo

FoxesSitOnBoxes Sat 10-Sep-16 07:56:46

I would have thought that was a needless expense and you'll still get crap pictures. Why not just get people to use their own phones/cameras and share their photos online?

TeaBelle Sat 10-Sep-16 07:57:06

Nope - 80% of guests will have a phone and an app would be a much better idea

Xmasfairy86 Sat 10-Sep-16 07:57:29

Would that not be a recipe for a free iPhone for someone?

Matilda2013 Sat 10-Sep-16 07:58:33

There are apps you can pay for and people sign in on them on their phones and they can take pictures and upload them so you can access them all which might be easier

NightCzar Sat 10-Sep-16 08:01:32

A friend had an app called wedding party, where she created an album, sent us a link (with the invitations) and we all uploaded, during and after the day. Or would Dropbox work? I suppose it would be best if the venue had wifi.

DinosaursRoar Sat 10-Sep-16 08:01:40

I went to a wedding where there was a laptop set up with various different phone cables and guests were asked to upload their photos, and to email any good ones to the bride and groom afterwards that were missed. No idea how easy that would be to set up though.

BikeRunSki Sat 10-Sep-16 08:02:57

I'd say the likelyhood of getting all the iPhones back, and undamaged is pretty low.

The "cameras on tables at weddings" boat sailed around the time that mobile phones (not just iPhones) started taking decent photos, and especially when lots of people got smartphones.

Starryeyed16 Sat 10-Sep-16 08:04:16

Most people have smart phones of there own these days so I don't think that idea would work in all honestly nothing beats professional photographer. Many couples set up Instagram page to link wedding pics to or like people say an app to store them

Starryeyed16 Sat 10-Sep-16 08:05:58

People also have tablets aswell which I've seen been brought to weddings to capture pictures and video the event. As pp said you couldn't know if they would get broken or stolen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now