Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

Seeking families with a difference for a Channel 5 documentary TV series

(79 Posts)
MEDIA: C5Casting Wed 07-Sep-16 18:46:14

SEEKING FAMILIES OF ALL AGES AND BACKGROUNDS FOR A CHANNEL 5 DOCUMENTARY TV SERIES

IS THERE SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY WHO STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD?

Are you a family that has something different to offer? Whether your family makes you laugh, cringe, or incredibly proud, we’d love to hear from you!

•Do you have a glam granny or grandad who some might say, is growing old disgracefully? Are you exasperated or proud of their antics?

•Are you a “yummy mummy” who refuses to believe that life is over once you’ve hit 40?

•Do you know a dad or grandad who’s always trying to out-do their son, determined to be the sexy alpha male?

•Does your family have a mum and daughter/son – maybe even a granny - who all compete with each other
when it comes to looks or love life?

•Are you and your sister/brother or best friend super-competitive when it comes to beauty treatments or love life?

•Is your husband/wife, best friend or sister/brother ‘hotter’ than you, or are you the hottest property in town?

•Does your husband think he’s god’s gift?

•Are you a young looking mum, and do you often get mistaken as the sister or partner of your children?

No matter what your story is, if this sounds like your family or someone you know, contact us: casting@channel5.com or call 0203 580 3555.

Sparklingbrook Wed 07-Sep-16 18:50:57

A documentary? Or just laughing at people?

ExcuseMyEyebrows Wed 07-Sep-16 18:56:00

This is us, will we do?

MrsDeVere Wed 07-Sep-16 22:28:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsDeVere Wed 07-Sep-16 22:30:35

LineyReborn Wed 07-Sep-16 22:31:01

Beyond parody.

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 07-Sep-16 22:33:56

Ch5 are so famous for their sensitive, thoughtful documentary making.

FadedRed Wed 07-Sep-16 22:35:22

What is this Channel 5 of which you speak?

dodobookends Wed 07-Sep-16 22:39:16

Does this documentary series have a working title?

Amandahugandkisses Wed 07-Sep-16 22:40:21

I'm a bit of a prick will that do?

SoleBizzz Wed 07-Sep-16 22:42:57

I am 42 and my life is far from over.

LineyReborn Wed 07-Sep-16 22:53:43

Working title: cunts on benefits

PickAChew Wed 07-Sep-16 22:59:54

Oh wow, I've yet to break out the Damart catalogue, despite being in my late 40s, my family are odd, odd, odd and we even qualify for quite a few benefits.

Where do I sign up for the freak show?

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Wed 07-Sep-16 23:03:30

Life over once you've hit 40? What complete and total bollocks.

As for 'yummy mummy'... You really didn't do your research before posting here, did you?

Netmums is thataway.

MrsDeVere Wed 07-Sep-16 23:03:53

YellowShockedFace Wed 07-Sep-16 23:04:04

This media requests (written in capital letters for some reason?) never go well.

YellowShockedFace Wed 07-Sep-16 23:04:14

*These

SaggyNaggy Wed 07-Sep-16 23:07:03

"This is SaggyNaggy who lives woith his benefit Claiming girlfriend in their Benefits paid for house. They have a daughter and benefit from the benefits they benefit from.... NOW HATE THEM!.... Look at them..... Taking your tax money, they it in the house you pay for and watch their big telly, don't it make you sick? You're working and they're doing nothing! Grrrrr.... Burn them at the stake!"

YellowShockedFace Wed 07-Sep-16 23:08:40

I watched a 'documentary' on channel 5 about people on benefits looking for love.
It was pretty much taking the piss out of a man who had a accident leaving him with some difficulties and a single mum with OCD. When interviewing the single mum they focused on her car and holiday and haircut. hmm

RumAppleGinger Wed 07-Sep-16 23:10:41

When you say documentary do you mean The Wright Stuff?

AgentProvocateur Wed 07-Sep-16 23:13:28

Fucking grim - "Are you a yummy mummy who refuses to believe that life is over once you've hit 40" hmm I'm not a yummy mummy, but I am over 40 and very much alive.

gaggiagirl Wed 07-Sep-16 23:15:07

Natch it'll have benefits in title.

Unfortunately you won't be able to find any women over 40........their lives are over you see. I think they may be found in rotting victorian terraces miss Havisham style. That might just be urban legend though.
Mythical over 40s they are.

SpookyRachel Wed 07-Sep-16 23:18:05

Ooh, my family is really different... ah, but I see what you really mean is 'undignified', 'willing to bare vast amounts of wrinkly flesh on TV', 'happy to be laughed at and considered gross'.

I am well over 40 and so my daring to breathe and take up space on the planet is probably some kind of offence to you.

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Wed 07-Sep-16 23:20:50

Men over 40, however, get to be the "sexy alpha male".

I was watching that Monkey World programme on Pick the other day. They have alpha males. Maybe talking to them would be a better idea?

Bumpmadethemjump Wed 07-Sep-16 23:22:00

My family would be perfect, we really stand out from the crowd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now