This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

Female Casting Call for ad campaign

(436 Posts)
rebeccanewton Wed 09-Mar-16 12:26:33

Hi all

I wanted to get in touch regarding casting some women to feature as part of an upcoming advertising campaign we’re working on for a large household brand name.

We’re looking to find a broad range of women who are 30+ differing in age and ethnicity who have a clear ‘imperfection’ (for want of a better word) i.e. a larger than average nose, freckles, crazy-curly hair, a gap in the teeth etc. - the sorts of imperfections women might individually reference as the one thing they ‘dislike most about themselves’.

This will be a positive & empowering campaign - looking to celebrate these women’s attitude above all and the way they embrace perceived imperfections.

Here is a recap of the basic requirements/details:
•Photo of the woman (portrait is preferable)
•Name
•Aged 30+
•Any age or ethnicity
•Available for a shoot in London on Thursday March 24th 2016

Interested women can send their name and photo with the subject “London Casting Call” to both ames@sam-robinson.com and james.swann@ogilvy.com

Best Wishes,
Rebecca

FatherReboolaConundrum Wed 09-Mar-16 19:50:02

How much are you offering to pay them? Seems quite an important bit of information to leave out.

TwatLetLoose Thu 10-Mar-16 14:15:49

Love the fact you thought you should put a recap ingrin

TheImprobableGirl Thu 10-Mar-16 14:18:44

Any age or ethnicity

Seems somewhat contradictory grin
Sorry, no help here- under thirty and no obvious 'flaws' to speak of <wanders off after a spectacular stealth boast>

VertigoNun Thu 10-Mar-16 14:19:13

Not many will open themselves up to big nose teasing for nothing.

Destinysdaughter Thu 10-Mar-16 14:25:27

'Flaws'? Compared to what, a supermodel? Hate this kind of shit. Making women feel insecure for being normal, just so someone can peddle their overpriced shit to us.

whatdoIget Thu 10-Mar-16 14:26:46

It's Dove is it? I can't see that this is going to go well 😬

Snoopadoop Thu 10-Mar-16 14:30:35

imperfection (for want of a better word) - you need a better word, you should have tried harder to come up with a better word.

I have freckles (I've been told they're rather lovely). I have never considered them an imperfection. And no I don't want to be in your advert.

InvictusVersinium Thu 10-Mar-16 14:31:01

Christ on a bike.

Tooth gap? biscuit

I thought MN were going to brief these unsuspecting media types before they approached this den of vipers?????

Tiggeryoubastard Thu 10-Mar-16 14:35:04

Wow. So allowing them to make a feature of your 'imperfection' to flog something 'empowers' you.
I have piles, what are you paying

Snoopadoop Thu 10-Mar-16 14:35:47

I thought MN were going to brief these unsuspecting media types before they approached this den of vipers?????

They really should.

Tiggeryoubastard Thu 10-Mar-16 14:37:11

I disagree, snoop, don't let them hide their twattishness.

InvictusVersinium Thu 10-Mar-16 14:37:48

Yes, snoop how about this:

MNHQ media briefing: Don't be a sexist twat or you will get your arse handed to you on a platter.

It's fairly simple, eh?

ToomuchChocolatemeansBootcamp Thu 10-Mar-16 14:39:42

Imperfections? You meant like, real? Non-photoshopped? Unique in all their glorious individual beauty instead of a (usually white) homogenised, size zero, fake boobed, liposuctioned, starved 17 year old?

Good luck with that. No pay mentioned, cos of course all we want is to be on the telly biscuit

2legit2knit Thu 10-Mar-16 14:41:57

How much are you going to pay me to have the whole world gawp at my teeth/ nose/ ears? And what the fuck is wrong with freckles?

Snoopadoop Thu 10-Mar-16 14:42:35

Good point tiggery. <sigh>

2legit2knit Thu 10-Mar-16 14:44:25

And 'crazy-curly hair'? I missed that bit! Geez.

TheWildRumpyPumpus Thu 10-Mar-16 14:45:00

Curly hair is imperfect?

What a crazy world we live in...

ScrambledSmegs Thu 10-Mar-16 15:33:40

I have massive bunions. Would that do?

gunting Thu 10-Mar-16 15:36:42

You ask for women of all different ethnicities.

Then you say that curly hair is a flaw.

WTAF? confused

topsyturner Thu 10-Mar-16 15:42:22

<stares at gunt in mirror>
<imagines Vogue cover>

mamas12 Thu 10-Mar-16 15:43:51

Haha so I Actually have nearly all of the above
Wild curly hair
Freckles
Gap tooth
Big nose
Short
Over 50
Do I get paid for each "imperfection"?

WottaMess Thu 10-Mar-16 15:49:39

My skin constantly tries to remove itself from my body at speed via random outbreaks of psoriasis or eczema - that's an absolute pain in the arse imperfection but I guess you're not going want to feature my scaly bits uniqueness. smile

angelicjen Thu 10-Mar-16 15:50:18

Sorry, I will be busy washing my imperfect curly hair.

HamaTime Thu 10-Mar-16 15:52:32

I fucking hate Dove adverts. Campaign for real beauty my arse. Campaign to flog cheap soap by telling women that they are insecure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now