Talk

Advanced search

Early pregnancy worries..

(6 Posts)
MinnieLou Tue 15-Jan-19 18:04:26

Hi, newbie here ☺️

So 13/01/19 I realised I was 3 days late for my period (have been very regular the past year or so.) I decided to take a test just to be sure, I took one in the morning & one in the evening, both positive. Throughout the day I suddenly started getting light cramps and pink spotting when wiping, which later become brown when wiping.
The next day I did another test in the day which was still positive and had brown spotting in my knickers (had to put a pad on so I didn’t ruin anymore - not heavy like a period) still with the bloated stomach and light cramps but had an awful headache all day until I went to sleep.
Today i did a test this morning (different brand) and it was positive but a bit lighter than the other day when I did them in the evenings. I’ve had a constant hungry feeling with slight rumbling (even though I’m eating normally) so not cramps.. I’ve had brown spotting still and a little red.

I’m a little confused at the moment, working it out I would be around 4 weeks, only me & my partner know. I don’t want to get my hopes up.. I’m going to hold out for the rest of the week and see if the spotting stops and do another test. What are your thoughts & experience please?

Oh I’m also on metformin for PCOS.
Thank you in advance!

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 15-Jan-19 19:50:41

As I understand it, a positive test means you are PG. Congratulations thanks

Have you found the pregnancy board yet? There'll be a MN Ante-natal club for the month you are due too smile

autumngazer Tue 15-Jan-19 19:55:14

Sounds like implantation bleed. X

MinnieLou Fri 18-Jan-19 18:03:14

@JiltedJohnsJulie thank you, I have joined.
@autumngazer I hope so... I was spotting for two days now been bleeding lightly since Tuesday..
Went to the doctors today and she sent a referral for EPU and told me to go at 8am one day next week.. (I will ring in advance to make sure they have my referral)

Only problem I have is I work in a school.. how do I go without telling them exactly what it's for..? 🙄

autumngazer Fri 18-Jan-19 19:51:01

Just tell work you have a hospital appointment, they don't need to know the ins and outs.

I've heard of lots of women 'bleeding' in the early stages of pregnancy and went full term. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine.

MinnieLou Fri 18-Jan-19 20:04:45

@autumngazer thank you, I was thinking that but I'm sure they would ask for proof (letter) x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »