Talk

Advanced search

summer holiday blues

(9 Posts)
loopaloo Tue 07-Aug-18 17:03:15

hi all, new and starting with a rant grin
I'm so lonely and bored with summer holidays! why are they so long omg? DS is 13 so doesn't really want to spend time with me, fair enough, he's texting mates and playing fortnite etc but i still have to be around for him, and i work in term time as a TA but haven't really made close friends since moving to the area 4 years ago. i've met up with 2 people in 2 weeks which makes me feel a bit inadequate blush because i starting to think i must be awful at making new friends. i write to fill my time and also because i love writing, but in the holidays all the routines go out the window. ugh. if there was a lonely moms group for some intelligent conversation i'd join in a heartbeat.
I'm not whingeing - i hope - but just looking for a 'me too' really smile

FrameyMcFrame Tue 07-Aug-18 18:26:09

Could you look for some local activities for you? How about an art class or something sport related that you might enjoy??

Then also maybe something new that you and DS could do together? Swimming, diving, geocaching, kayaking... just thinking of random ideas here...

Also check mumsnet local because there are meet ups going on and that's often where they re organised.
Also Netmums website is good for local mum meet ups.

Hope you get something organised.
Keep posting here.

FrameyMcFrame Tue 07-Aug-18 18:28:51

PS, try posting on other boards rather than newbies, it might be a bit quite here.

loopaloo Tue 07-Aug-18 18:37:02

Thank you for the reply. Yeah i wasn't too sure where to start posting really.
Hadn't thought of geocaching - will give it a go thanks. Watersports are out for me fir medical reasons unfortunately.
I'm have a look for local mums meet ups. Thanks again!

FrameyMcFrame Tue 07-Aug-18 23:04:43

Oops quiet not 'quite'
shock
Good luck with your search!

Reader15 Sat 11-Aug-18 16:12:46

I also work in a school and have two teenagers who now have a better social life than me! I understand how you feel.

Sugarhunnyicedtea Sat 11-Aug-18 16:18:22

I'm the same, except I haven't met up with anyone in the holidays. All my 'friends' drifted away when DS went to secondary school. I tell myself it doesn't matter but it's horrible feeling lonely

Reader15 Sat 11-Aug-18 16:22:58

I'm new to this site so need some help navigating it!
Where can I find about meet ups or perhaps a book club I could join?

loopaloo Sat 11-Aug-18 16:28:06

SugarhoneyIcedTea and Reader15 thank you for replies. Good to know we're not alone - must be mothers up and down the country tearing hair out at the prospect of another 4 weeks.
Wht do you so to make tome go by faster? I'm struggling to get my son out of the house because his mates are all playing fortnite, and the usual theme parks and stuff are so pricey and he thinks they're too young anyway grin
I'm going to try geocaching (which he pulled a face at but too bad!) and the latest PS4 lego game - we've played all the rest together over the years. As for me i've really hit fb hard, and I instagram anything that doesn't run away just so i feel connected to the world!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: