Talk

Advanced search

Empty Nest

(4 Posts)
Zouriss Sun 04-Feb-18 18:10:01

So depressed, my youngest is at uni and my eldest son has gone off travelling, and I'm left with my dreary husband. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me with the boring husband?

Kerryb2 Fri 09-Feb-18 00:02:00

Hi Zouris, no your not alone. The last of my four left home last September. We were selling up and moving ,which went tits up the last day. We had all scattered to the 4 winds waiting for our house purchase to go through, dog's in kennels, house packed and in storage, daughter moved in with a friend. I had a melt down that week !
So now unpacking and recovering financially from last year. I've been wondering today how much longer I can stand being in this marriage , no intimacy, ect ect even the way he eats irritates me !

Zouriss Fri 09-Feb-18 07:35:07

Oh gòd that's awful!
Totally get what you mean re his eating irrates you, every little thing starts to annoy you,
Problem is I can still see myself here miserable in ten years ! It's so hard to make a change.

Kerryb2 Fri 09-Feb-18 08:35:26

I know its a testing time of our lives,with such big changes and people do say that's when you can renegotiate and reinvigorate your relationship with your partner. But , that's assuming you still love/ like or havnt outgrown them. We all change throughout life and i personally can't bear the idea of living in a frankly sexless, bland boring neat bungalow with straight edges that my husband dreams about.
Just writing about it makes me feel like running up the street 🤣🤣

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: