Talk

Advanced search

modelling scam

(7 Posts)
idiotatlarge Sat 06-Jan-18 22:13:32

I know it's old news but my teenage son and myself have just been scammed out of a lot, and I mean a lot, of money for a so called modelling contract up in London. I have recently found out through the student chat room that the company has changed it's name at least 6 times!!!!!
Any advice as to how to deal with the scum bags and what legal advice do/should I take

Missyunknown Sun 21-Jan-18 02:53:50

What agency is it with? Maybe have a look at the local law centres see if they can put anything in place to help

MermaidHead Thu 01-Feb-18 20:17:53

Contact the Police..If they have taken money from you and not provided a service they have committed fraud

AramintaDePea Thu 01-Feb-18 20:59:52

What happened?

Funkyfrankie12 Wed 07-Feb-18 16:02:01

Was it a place on Portland Street?.

Ema39 Fri 09-Feb-18 14:17:42

I went to one in London it was a studio above a Pub they were called
International Fashion Models 41 Devonshire Place Mews. I found out they were fraudsters after I booked in and paid £50 for the photo shoot a girl called Imani hounded me until I agreed. I found out through trust pilot before I went to the studio and warned a few others that were there who took my advise and did not sign the contract for thousands. I was lucky but you can go to trading standards. Hope that helps

Snakeyes Wed 21-Feb-18 00:38:11

I'm a grandmother of two, a boy and a girl, and have noticed for some time now that children's books seem to be 'dumbed down' . For instance, 'The King of Poo'. (and it really is about poo too!). I'd just about given up looking for a book about a normal family (you know, mother, father, son and daughter) when I went on line and purchased a lovely, normal book for six to eight yr olds. It's called 'Alex and His Magic Dragon' by Rose Miller and my grandchildren love it. The grammar is beautiful and the stories are funny. I'm happy to say that my faith in children's books has been restored.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now