Talk

Advanced search

Jaguar Cars.

(10 Posts)
Jaguar2017 Thu 07-Dec-17 00:45:17

Took delivery of a new Jaguar XE in May of 2017 and already the leather on the drivers seat has worn through! Jaguar says this is normal wear for a Jaguar. If anyone if thinking about buying ANY Jaguar, don't. Their customer care is shocking and their interiors wear through within months. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

MrsMozart Thu 07-Dec-17 00:57:02

How odd. I've driven a few and not seen any wear. Was it the dealer you went back to?

RestingGrinchFace Thu 07-Dec-17 01:00:36

That very strange-jaguars have been the only cars that we have had where the leather has stayed pristine. What kind of leather was it?

IAmNoAngel Thu 07-Dec-17 01:39:21

My XK8 is 15 years old and the leather is still in beautiful condition.

Jaguar2017 Sat 09-Dec-17 20:48:24

The dealer has said the wear on our Jaguar seat is 'normal wear & tear'. We have had many cars with leather seats and have never had any problems before. There is a hole were the leather has worn right through and the car is only 7 months old and is a top-of-the-range model Jaguar XE Portfolio!!!

Christmascardqueen Sat 09-Dec-17 20:50:37

Are any of the drivers wearing pants with any embellishments?
My husband wears denim and the rivets damage the leather.

SignoraStronza Sat 09-Dec-17 20:50:43

Do you have sharply studded jeans pockets, or a particularly massive arse op?

Jaguar2017 Mon 11-Dec-17 22:10:12

Never wear jeans and have never had any problems with any past car's that had leather seats. The passenger seat is perfect and that gets a fair amount of use. The drivers seat is looking a right mess after less than 6,000 miles and the leather feels really thin on this part of the driver's seat. Never getting another Jag. The fact that Jaguar says this is normal 'wear & tear' after only 6,000 is beyond belief.

bumpertobumper Mon 11-Dec-17 22:21:17

Sounds like you got unlucky twice - an unusually thin piece of leather, some crap customer service!
I think you should escalate the complaint. Of course is not normal wear and tear, even a kia wouldn't say it is. Get on to head office!

Jaguar2017 Sun 17-Dec-17 00:08:48

Got on to head office. They don't give a toss. If I have to park this car on the MD's drive I will. Never had a car's interior wear like this before. Jaguar's customer care STINKS!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: