Talk

Advanced search

Newly pregnant - Excited! Nervous!

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

amzq87 Thu 30-Nov-17 09:08:28

Hi everyone! Newbie here having had her first positive pregnancy test - we’ve been trying for a few months and after my period was late, I did the test! According to calculators, we’re around 4w5d gone :-)

At the moment I’m feeling fine apart from a slightly wishy washy tummy but I want to know if there is anything I should be looking out for or do/not do in these first few weeks before the midwife appointment.

My sister suffered a miscarriage around this time last year when she was 9 weeks and I’m scared about the same thing. Want to make sure I do everything right to minimise the risk, even though I know these things sometimes happen.

Much love all!

Brettgirl Thu 30-Nov-17 14:22:36

Congratulations! I can't offer any advice I'm afraid, I'm in the same boat, took test yesterday and it's a yes! Just wanted to say I understand the anxiety too xx

Brettgirl Thu 30-Nov-17 14:23:25

Meant to say I'm 4 w + 6 d so very similar! X

BertieBotts Thu 30-Nov-17 14:29:14

Congratulations! And welcome to mumsnet smile

You must be due around July? If you look in the list of topics, under 'becoming a parent' there will be a topic called ante-natal clubs. These threads are often really supportive and nice to join to chat with others at a similar stage to you.

If you're new to mumsnet I would advise you to lurk (read without posting) on many of the topics to get a feel for them first. Though Pregnancy seems to be more forgiving.

It's a lovely site and I really like the community. Some feel a bit abrasive but I don't find that at all.

amzq87 Thu 30-Nov-17 15:52:29

Congrats Brettgirl!! Hope all goes swimmingly with your pregnancy! So exciting isn't it?!? There were tears last night and giggles and a few "oh my days!" From me and the other half!

Thanks for the advice BertieBotts - I'm due just into August so have joined the August group - hoping to find some new bump buddies :-)

AprilFools2015 Sun 03-Dec-17 07:57:54

Congrats Amzq87 & Brettgirl!! Lovely news, fantastic time.

Here to quell some nerves. I discovered was preggers 23rd Dec 2013 & mc 10th Jan 2014 at 7 weeks. My mid sis had mc Aug / Sep 2013 at 5 weeks. It was bad times for a while as sis got pregs again March 2014 & had to go to baby show wiv her & our mum in May 2014; really relate to how anxious you both feel.

However, the good news: sometimes first pregs go that way, can't be helped, baby not well / ready. My nephew was 3 in November. In July 2014 I was preg again for 2nd time, tiny tyke due April Fools Day! He was born April 15th 2015 & at over 2.5 he is still Fab-U-lous darrrhhhlllling!! Preg 2 was yes, scary, but also mad, fantastic, wonderful, with much use of mint & rennie indegestion tabs from bout 7 weeks in.

My sis now also has 10 month old girl (& our other sis, who is type 1 diabetic, announced preg with twins! at nephew's christening in Aug 2015 - she carried til Feb 2016, they were prem due to twins / diabeties & are unidentical twin girls - our Mum also an unidentical twin!!) My twin neices will be 2 in Feb & our folks are now grandparents to 5, wiv the oldest just 3; none are a year apart from the grandchild(ren) b4 them!! GCSE & A Level years will be mental!!

So you see, "just keep swimming", it'll all work out for little nemo in the end.

Mel89 Sun 03-Dec-17 08:09:13

HI everyone smile

Found out I am pregnant about 2 weeks ago!!
I'm 5weeks 4 days, midwife as calculated 1st August 2018 but I'm thinking probably around he 10th to 15th Aug. I feel very excited, nervous.....a variety of emotions right now.
My biggest fear is the morning sickness...however upto now I have had none at all.
I am taking seven sea pregnancy tablet with the added ginger which seem to be suiting me ok.

Hope everyone is feeling well xx

bingebiscuiteater Wed 06-Dec-17 21:52:40

Congratulations! You need not worry. Just relax! When newly pregnant I was anxious as well. Just keep each day going one at a time. Listen to lovely music on Youtube for baby. Everything will be great.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Dec-17 11:59:01

Congratulations! flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: