Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm new and finding it hard to make friends

(9 Posts)
M1ss1e Tue 03-Oct-17 20:48:50

Hi All, I am 36 years old with an 8 year daughter & 4 step children. I work full time and moved to a new area earlier this year.

Being that i work full time i am finding it hard to make 'Mummy friends'.

My daughter has recently started acting up and its getting me down, i dont know how to deal with it and have nobody to ask for advise.

I thought I was alone in being a friendless mum but looking at some old posts I can see now that I am not alone

It would be nice to have a mum or 2 to chat to

🤗

Matoo Wed 04-Oct-17 13:14:04

Hi!
I am 37 and I have 2 DC (DD is almost 8, DS is 9 months old).
We moved here 3 years ago and I am a freelancer so I work from home.

I find it really difficult to make friends here, I went to a baby group once but I felt out of place. No luck with the mums at school either sad

Matoo Wed 04-Oct-17 13:15:13

What is happening with your daughter?

M1ss1e Wed 04-Oct-17 16:32:33

Hi Matoo, I dont know if its hormonal changes already. She can be the sweetest angel but within seconds become a moody, angry child and for no apparant reason other than not getting her own way lol

Proper shouting matches between us sometimes and i hate it. I feel so down sometimes with nobody to relate to.

Where did you move her from?

M1ss1e Wed 04-Oct-17 16:33:29

**where did you move here from? (that was meant to say)

Matoo Wed 04-Oct-17 21:13:27

We moved here from France.
My DD was also like this a few months ago, saying things like "DON'T SPEAK TO ME" when walking back from school or other nice things.
She also started shouting at us in the house, hiding in her bedroom...
It's better now though, I think she was having a hard time at school.

M1ss1e Wed 04-Oct-17 21:19:06

Hopefully it’s just a phase, I can’t stand falling out with her. It’s not how I want her to remember her childhood

I know there is a lot of pressure on kids nowadays, maybe it is School. I do ask about her day but there’s never anything that makes me feel I need to worry about.

She has been through a lot in life already. Her dad left just as she turned 2, we moved to a new area, she started school, I met someone new who has been in her life since she was 3, he has 4 children. We moved again to a bigger house and have just moved again to be closer to where I work. She is on primary school number 4!!

Amielouise Thu 05-Oct-17 09:24:51

Hi

What area are you? I moved here from north wales a year ago and feeling the same ! I work 3 days a week and have a 2.5 year old little monster!!! There are so many things to do in the area with little ones but I too find it slightly lonely sometimes and have found that it can be quite "clicky " in some soft play/play groups etc........ if anyone fancies meeting up for a play date and coffee and a good old fashioned winge let me know 😉

M1ss1e Thu 05-Oct-17 11:32:06

Hi Amielouise - it certainly can be testing.

I’m in Bexleyheath. Where are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now