Talk

Advanced search

No yolk sac at scan!

(2 Posts)
user1495083249 Thu 18-May-17 06:00:03

This is my first time being pregnant, and I went for a dating scan earlier this week. I was 5 weeks and 1 day estimated due to my last period. They found the sac, but couldn't find a yolk. The woman was so mean and told me all the horrible things that it'll probably be "miscarriage, ectopic, probably bleed away" but I went to go see my doctor and he said it's far too early as they all grow differently. I'm not waiting to see a midwife but the scan had me so worried and the nasty things she said.

Has anyone had anything like this? Just to put my mind at rest, I haven't told anyone due to me thinking something's going to happen.

Thanks! smile

FirsttimemumJan18 Fri 26-May-17 09:44:00

Hi, that's very cruel to be told those things. It is a possibility but to put it in that way is so thoughtless. Also any scans before 6 weeks don't always show what you hope to see. I have an early scan next week at 5 weeks and 5 days and am a little nervous about it. Try not to worry and I'm sure everything will be okay at your next scan x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now