Talk

Advanced search

No yolk sac at scan!

(3 Posts)
user1495083249 Thu 18-May-17 06:00:03

This is my first time being pregnant, and I went for a dating scan earlier this week. I was 5 weeks and 1 day estimated due to my last period. They found the sac, but couldn't find a yolk. The woman was so mean and told me all the horrible things that it'll probably be "miscarriage, ectopic, probably bleed away" but I went to go see my doctor and he said it's far too early as they all grow differently. I'm not waiting to see a midwife but the scan had me so worried and the nasty things she said.

Has anyone had anything like this? Just to put my mind at rest, I haven't told anyone due to me thinking something's going to happen.

Thanks! smile

FirsttimemumJan18 Fri 26-May-17 09:44:00

Hi, that's very cruel to be told those things. It is a possibility but to put it in that way is so thoughtless. Also any scans before 6 weeks don't always show what you hope to see. I have an early scan next week at 5 weeks and 5 days and am a little nervous about it. Try not to worry and I'm sure everything will be okay at your next scan x

user1496351358 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:45:03

Scan before 6 weeks. Too early to comment. Assume that everything is normal. But request a review scan with your GP at 12 weeks. In the meantime, assume you are OK and stay positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now