Talk

Advanced search

Bottles on a plane

(6 Posts)
Janeycoll Mon 24-Apr-17 18:04:56

Can anyone tell me how best to get on a plane and be able to bottle feed baby? The airline say they can provide boiled water to mix with formula...but isn't it supposed to be FRESHLY boiled, only ONCE and then cooled ? How they gonna do all that before take off? Or will they let me through with the 200ml bottles of ready made stuff? Trouble with that is they can't stay open more than 2 hours so if they ask me to open and taste it, it will go off before I need to use it. Can't seem to find the answer.

dementedpixie Mon 24-Apr-17 19:30:17

Order cartond from boots after security and collect before getting on your flight

dementedpixie Mon 24-Apr-17 19:30:32

Cartons*

Figgygal Mon 24-Apr-17 19:31:47

They no longer seem to ask you to open the ready made ones I've flown twice in last 3 months with ds who is 6mo but that was uk only

We are going to Portugal in may and ordering to pick up from boots on departure side

Janeycoll Mon 24-Apr-17 19:57:54

Thanks for this ladies x

mistermagpie Mon 24-Apr-17 20:00:27

They don't make you open the ready made stuff anymore (although security took ours away and examined it before giving it back) and they don't count it as part of your liquids. We flew with Ryanair and they told us we could bring as many bottles as we could fit in our hand luggage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: