Talk

Advanced search

New: recent miscarraige with no aftercare advice and worried

(4 Posts)
April2017 Tue 11-Apr-17 15:45:03

Miscarried my pregnacy at 9 weeks 8 days ago. Hospital basically didn't want anything to do with me sent me home to pass the pregnancy with an appointment to check my hcg levels 48hs later. No compassion or advice from EPU. Left to feel a fraud as every enquiry was responded to with "there's nothing we can do for u this early on in pregnancy " "we don't class this as a pregnancy your to early on". Now I'm still cramping with horrible lower back ache to the point it's uncomfortable to get up an walk about. My bleeding lasted 7 days and my uterus still feels sore, aching and uncomfortable.. can anyone offer any advice as I clearly can't get any from health care professionals near me??? 😢😣

MrsELM21 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:00:21

Exact same happened to me, not interested at all so I basically had to go home and sort it out myself, horrendous.

What's happening to you does sound about right but do seek further advice if you don't start to feel better, because nobody told me any different I bled for 12 weeks before I saw a lovely GP who diagnosed a womb infection

I'm so sorry for your loss xxx

April2017 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:51:49

Thank you MrsELM21
Wow 12 weeks that's a long time I feel I shouldn't complain with 7 days. Hope your feeling better now.
So just need to keep an eye on my health and hope it gets better x

LittleMissSunshine9 Wed 12-Apr-17 15:33:20

Im really sorry for your loss. Im currently going though my second in 5 months. I had the same as you, bleeding and a lot of pain for a few days, but it does get better and less painful. It lasted about 2 weeks. My doctor said when its happening naturally it can take a longer time than having a D&C. Im now 4 weeks since the scan and its not fully completed. Everyone is different, but 7 days of bleeding is not that long in my experience. Make sure you go back to the doctor if your worried. But I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. Wishing you a beautiful pregnancy next time. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now